ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text

  • To: "'Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx'" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Revised SRSU draft text
  • From: Milton L Mueller <mueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 17:20:00 -0400

Guys and gals: the poll results are just poll results. We just need to
associate proposals with varying levels of support (oppose, live with, favor,
dk). Let’s keep it simple and not try to turn them into more than they are. If
we start breaking down votes by SG and “adviser to gTLD rep” it starts getting
complicated aond confusing and slow. Mikey can publish the raw results so
anyone who wants to can do fancier processing. Since we are not opining on the
results we don’t need to go there.

Mainly, they are useful primarily as proof that no proposal reached positive
consensus but others had something close to negative consensus. It is also
interesting to see how various levels of structural liberalization correspond
to different levels of support.

<Disclosure: I am not associated with any new TLD proposal in any way, shape or
form. I am on the AC of PIR (.org) but take a devilish pleasure in taking the
opposite position as PIR mgmt on these CO/VI issues.>

--MM