ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] topics for the call today

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] topics for the call today
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 10:09:58 -0500

hi all

just a reminder of the short-interval deadlines we're working under:

Saturday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish a 1st-draft approach to polling (what will be polled, how it will be
used, etc.) -- Mikey  --  DONE
-- publish "rules" for writing summaries of proposals -- proposal and principle
drafting teams -- LATE, but i think we have a plan now

Monday -- 24:00 GMT

-- deadline for substantive changes to the content of the report -- all
-- freeze the report from a content standpoint - only edits thereafter -- all
-- finalize approach to polling -- Mikey

Tuesday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish summary-level versions of the Principles -- drafting teams
-- publish proposal summaries for inclusion in Section 6 -- drafting teams

Wednesday - 24:00 GMT

-- publish revised version of the Initial Report -- Margie and Mikey

Thursday - 24:00 GMT

-- final review of the Initial Report draft -- all
-- approve draft for release -- all

Friday - 24:00 GMT

-- release Initial Report to the Council -- Margie
-- open public-comment period -- Margie

i've tried to go through the recent email threads to pull out content-oriented
topics for the call today.  i may have missed one or two, so feel free to add
to this list.  but the goal for the call is draw the major-content-changes
discussions to a close and set the stage to freeze the content by the end of
the day (preferably by the end of the call)

these are the threads that i've noted from the last few days (in no particular
order at the moment)

-- rules for summaries

        -- 250 word limit
        -- bullet form or narrative -- but make them the same for all
        -- factual statements of proposal features
        -- support statements and claimed benefits remain in the annex

-- rewrite of Compliance

        -- softening -- starts on line 294 of the current draft
        -- removing bullet-detail list in the body, move to annex

-- section 4 -- rewrite?  move to Annex?

-- poll

        Current approach
        -- use for tallying support for proposals and principles
        -- retain "atoms" portion for internal use, but exclude from report
        -- summary info in body of report, detailed lists with proposals in
annex, attached to the respective proposals/prinicples
        -- just names, not affiliation

-- SRSU

        -- removing bullet-detail list in the body, move to annex
        -- annex -- status of draft?
        -- SRMU -- in or out?

-- summaries of DAGv4 and Nairobi

        -- include both in their entirety?
        -- Richard summary?

-- edit for "tone" (comment from JC that we are perhaps a little too negative
in our descriptions -- eg. "deeply divided", etc.)

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com