ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] ORP in less than 200 words

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] ORP in less than 200 words
  • From: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 09:47:40 -0700

Along similar lines to the note I just sent about JN2, I think if we include
this Open Registrar in Section 6 its 'Goal' section (below) should be removed.

I understand it's a factual statement of the proposer's goals but,  for
example,  so would the inclusion of this for another proposal -  "The goal of
this proposal is to reduce the rampant abuse that many in the community see as
coming from registry--registrar cross ownership".

Having said that,  I think its OK to list "has less or no need for exceptions"
as a feature.

RT