ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] polling -- picking up the pieces

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] polling -- picking up the pieces
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 08:05:05 -0400

Hi,

but these poll counts, which people seem to want to trash, are so much higher
(3-4x) than the criteria we use in meetings where 8 or 9 people are sufficient
for making so called 'consensus' decisions.

in meetings we have had a tyranny of a minority who now want to suppress the
voice of the majority in addition to text they do not like.  I just want it to
be clear that even though CAM did not do as well as I would like, I would not
care to see the voice of the poll suppressed.

a.