ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: BRU1 Summary DIR-Final

  • To: <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Re: BRU1 Summary DIR-Final
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:20:42 -0500

this *is* an epic day.  pretty-good release draft out on the wiki AND a
disagreement between the co-chairs!  woohoo!

however, Mr. Flip-Flopper is going to take the wind out of Roberto's sails on
that disagreement thingy.

i agree that the BRU1 and BRU2 work is a significant working-paper of the
group.  not the same as the proposals, but significant.  last night i was too
sick to do much except stumble along with the editing stuff, but i did leave
them in an Annex.

my hope would be that we can agree to an introduction to them in the body of
the report that covers the following points

-- they were arrived at through a different process than proposals
-- a description of the process (subgroups selected to force people with
diverging opinions together, two-tasks (identify/rank atoms, assemble new
molecules), etc.)
-- a note that this was a subset of the group, the process excluded members who
did not attend Brussels, it also excluded members who had conflicting meetings
in Brussels, etc

how does that sound?  if that works for people, i have Richard's DIR summary
for BRU1 and i need one from the BRU2 gang

mikey