ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:21:13 -0400

Hi,

I admire the amount of work you are putting in to this.

I cannot, however, open the document listed belw.

In reading V 4, I have do have one recommendation:

Section 5

> reflecting the good faith negotiations and reasoned debate that has ensued
> among the members of the VI Working Group

I think this phrase can be dropped without damaging the report.

I think that while many people engaged in good faith and reasoned negotiations,
it can not be said that all have done so.

I am not suggesting that we put a counter statement of the level of good faith.
 That is the sort of thing my minority statement would cover in respect to the
suppression of material, especially the report of the S&W session.

However, in honoring the Herculean effort of the chairs, I will trade my
minority report for removal of this sentence.

a.