ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 08:35:47 -0500

On Jul 21, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Avri Doria wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I admire the amount of work you are putting in to this.
>
> I cannot, however, open the document listed belw.

hm.  i've put the original file i got from Marika up on the wiki right below
mine.  all i did was bump the version number and re-save it.  but if you would
be so kind as to try opening the "V4 - formatted MK" version that's up there,
it'll help me figure out where things went wrong.  thanks for catching that so
quickly.

> In reading V 4, I have do have one recommendation:
>
> Section 5
>
>> reflecting the good faith negotiations and reasoned debate that has ensued
>> among the members of the VI Working Group
>
> I think this phrase can be dropped without damaging the report.
>
> I think that while many people engaged in good faith and reasoned
> negotiations, it can not be said that all have done so.
>
> I am not suggesting that we put a counter statement of the level of good
> faith.  That is the sort of thing my minority statement would cover in
> respect to the suppression of material, especially the report of the S&W
> session.
>
> However, in honoring the Herculean effort of the chairs, I will trade my
> minority report for removal of this sentence.

as a part of the Herculean effort i accept that offer.  a darn fine trade.

thanks,

mikey

> a.
>

> On 21 Jul 2010, at 09:09, Mike O'Connor wrote:
>

>> all hail Margie and Marika!
>>
>> Marika updated the report and fixed a whole bunch of formatting problems in
>> the draft i published last night.  the latest version is Version 5, out on
>> the wiki at;
>>

>> https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?initial_report_snapshots
>>
>> this version is strictly a formatting revision, no content changes.  but
>> it's the one you should use because line-numbers have changed a bit from my
>> draft.
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> mikey

>> phone        651-647-6109
>> fax                  866-280-2356
>> web  http://www.haven2.com
>> handle       OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
>> Google, etc.)

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com