ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart

• To: Ron Andruff <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Neuman, Jeff'" <Jeff.Neuman@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:23:55 -0400

For completeness, attached is a copy of the last set of results that Mikey distributed with a full vote count at the bottom. All are correct except for JN2 which had spurious values for all categories except "in favor". And all of the Did not vote tallies are wrong. I have also highlighted the spots where someone participated but did not answer a particular question, which explains the variable total votes.

Alan

At 21/07/2010 11:47 AM, Ron Andruff wrote:
Just checked and apologize, Jeff. You're right. JN2 had 11 Can Live Withs. Poll results attached.

RA

Ronald N. Andruff
President

RNA Partners, Inc.
220 Fifth Avenue
New York, New York 10001
+ 1 212 481 2820 ext. 11

----------
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:40 AM
To: Ron Andruff; Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart

The JN2 data is NOT correct. I cant speak for the others. Can someone send the raw data. Don't understand how JN2 supporters (and those that can live with it) had no duplicates, was the first in terms of overall support, and now goes to last.

Something is not right.

Please provide the raw data!

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.

From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ron Andruff
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 11:25 AM
To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: FW: [gnso-vi-feb10] Poll Chart

Milton's post was using old data with duplicates and the like, Jeff. The new numbers are correct by my read.

RA

Ronald N. Andruff
RNA Partners, Inc.

----------
From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neuman, Jeff
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:33 AM
To: Mike O'Connor
Cc: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5

Here is what is in line 814 (Of the redline).

Proposal Name
In Favor
Could Live With
Opposed
No Opinion
Did not vote
JN2
RACK+
Free Trade
CAM3
IPC
DAGv4

I think the could live with and "Did not vote" columns are messed up. I cant remember the raw results, but here is what Milton posted on his blog.

Ranked by # supporters
1 Free Trade 16 39%
2 JN2 12 29%
3 RACK+ 11 27%
4 CAM3 2 5%
5 DAGv4 0 0%
Ranked by acceptability
1. JN2 25 61%
2. Free Trade 20 49%
3. RACK+ 15 41%
4. CAM3 14 37%
5. DAGv4 11 29%
Ranked by strength of opposition
1. DAGv4 27
2. CAM3 24
3. RACK+ 23
4. Free Trade 20
5. JN2 15

Jeffrey J. Neuman
Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:27 AM
To: Neuman, Jeff
Cc: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5

eh? V4 and V5 poll results look the same to me. are we looking at the same spot? right around line 268-273 depending on which draft?

note that the columns have changed from Ron's draft -- his draft followed my convention of combining the Support and Live-With numbers in one column. this version breaks them apart and doesn't add them together. there was a sub-thread about that...

mikey

On Jul 21, 2010, at 8:21 AM, Neuman, Jeff wrote:

> Mikey,
> I know you said no content changes, but the poll results are off.....I think columns are mixed up.....
>
> Jeffrey J. Neuman
> Neustar, Inc. / Vice President, Law & Policy
>
>
> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you have received this e-mail message in error and any review, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately and delete the original message.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike O'Connor
> Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 9:10 AM
> To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5
>
>
> all hail Margie and Marika!
>
> Marika updated the report and fixed a whole bunch of formatting problems in the draft i published last night. the latest version is Version 5, out on the wiki at;
>
> https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?initial_report_snapshots
>
> this version is strictly a formatting revision, no content changes. but it's the one you should use because line-numbers have changed a bit from my draft.
>
> thanks!
>
> mikey
>
> - - - - - - - - -
> phone     651-647-6109
> fax             866-280-2356
> web       http://www.haven2.com
> handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)
>

- - - - - - - - -
phone       651-647-6109
fax         866-280-2356
web   http://www.haven2.com
handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)

Attachment: VI SurveySummary_07202010-AG.xls
Description:

<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy