ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5

  • To: Richard Tindal <richardtindal@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] New version of the report-draft candidate -- now Version 5
  • From: Carlton Samuels <carlton.samuels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:23:44 -0500

I think not!

Um, I saw this "advocacy language" pleading and to tell the truth, it,
well....here's the thing.

The framework of this WG being what it is,  I can see how every single word
of some  proposals could hardly evade being classified as totally consisting
of "advocacy language".

So let's cut to the chase. Some of us associated with some proposals would
have to disavow their "day jobs" to escape the "taint".  And quite frankly
if we finger all the "interests", one would have to connive at error not to
recognize advocacy plain and simple.  So I shall classify all talk of
'advocacy language' as  'orwellian'.

I now say this. The sentences fingered as "advocacy language" spells out the
rational justification for the model, no more, no less. And the origination
of the rationale for new gTLDs is not mine; we merely seek to give it
substantive operational presence.

Carlton Samuels
Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799
Strategy, Planning, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround