ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] ORP in less than 200 words

  • To: Jothan Frakes <jothan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] ORP in less than 200 words
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 17:26:34 -0500

i'm going to be a hard-guy.

we have time between now and final-report to change content in the report --
but we drew the curtain down on content-changes to this initial report a couple
days ago and i'm sticking with that.

sorry guys.  prepare your case and let's have at it once we've got this version
out for public comment.  i'm happy to see lots of innovative ideas to get us
closer to consensus go into the next version.

mikey

On Jul 21, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Jothan Frakes wrote:

> I didn't agree with all of it but there was a lot that made sense in
> the 'open' proposal.
>
> Is there a way that what Volker sent could be included if it were
> compressed into the one or paragraph format with 150 - 200 word limit
> that other proposals were under?
>
> Even though it was not widely supported/objectioned, I think it is
> worthwhile that it be included because it spanned a lot of European
> registrars/stakeholders.
>
> FWIW I vote to allow it if formatted correctly.
>
> -Jothan
>
> Jothan Frakes
> +1.206-355-0230 tel
> +1.206-201-6881 fax
>

> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 12:39 PM, Volker Greimann
> <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mikey,
>>
>> I do not think your argument regarding subjecting the proposal to scrutiny
>> cuts water. This is not a new proposal. Sure, we may have not polled on it,
>> but it was discussed broadly. Most of us agreed that the poll was not
>> perfect and only allowed imperfect statements of position. Using the poll as
>> a means to exclude proposals is not the intended use of the poll in my view.
>> Limiting our initial report just on the polled proposals will not reflect
>> the number of options still being discussed or the current state of
>> discussion in the WG.
>>
>>  Best regards,
>>
>> Volker
>>
>>> i think this goes in the same category as Amadeu's note earlier in the day
>>> -- i'm not sure what we're going to do with this, but i don't think it's
>>> fair to the WG to put it in Section 6.  we haven't subjected this proposal
>>> to the same level of scrutiny, and we haven't polled on it.
>>>
>>> again, sorry to be the bearer of bad news,
>>>
>>> mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com