ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] any other changes desired?

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] any other changes desired?
  • From: Jean Christophe VIGNES <jcvignes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 00:51:33 +0200

Dear all,

I finally managed to read through the email of the last two days and would to
commend everyone for the work done in such av short time.

For the record:

- I do think srsu should be represented as there was strong - albeit diverse -
support.

- kudos for Tim "4 bullets" which are a good introduction.

- keeping in mind that, more than any other, our WG needs public comments, I
would make the report as easy as possible to interpret and that includes
sorting the polls the way the general public is used to.

- I'm still not sure why we reference DAG4 in our work given that Board and CEO
have made quite clear that the "vi" section in DAG4 was at best a
placeholder... But if we do the intro should say more clearly that we asked for
guidance and staff refused to provide it. I don't want reader to believe we
-chose- to interpret DAG4 when most of us would have been quite happy with
clear guidelines.

- I'll say it again one last time, especially since some "new" language has
been played with or plain added to the report, I would like ORP to be featured
in some way: if memory serves it even predates Free Trade which IS in, so that
shouldn't be a factor. The fact that it drew significant support from
Registrars with European ccTLD experience (where the VI concept we have been
playing with for months has been a daily reality for years...) makes it quite
useful in the general debate.

All the best,

JC

Envoyé de mon iPad

Le 21 juil. 2010 à 23:56, "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

> hi all,
>
> as the (US-centric) day winds down, i've got a few punch-list items for my
> Evening Edit Session.
>
> -- i'll include Avri's edit
>
> -- i'll square away the table
>
> -- i'll sequence the table/proposal-summaries from least-opposed to
> most-opposed
>
> -- i'll take a look at the end of the thread between Ron and Kristina and
> revise the report to whatever seems to be the outcome
>
> -- i'll get Katrin's membership/wiki situation figured out and update the
> membership list in the report
>
> anything else?  same deadline -- 2400 GMT today.
>
> i think we're pretty close to done here...
>
> thanks,
>
> mikey
>

> - - - - - - - - -
> phone         651-647-6109
> fax           866-280-2356
> web   http://www.haven2.com
> handle        OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook,
> Google, etc.)

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have
received this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your system. You must not copy the message or disclose its
contents to anyone.

Think of the environment: don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.