ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text

  • To: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] New Revised SRSU Text
  • From: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:14:12 -0400

Ron,

There is no need to detail which constituencies proposed what and which
proposal supported, etc., etc.
[KR:  I completely disagree.  The detail is important b/c it not only
highlights the variances but also identifies the supporters, which is
important contextual information.  I think this is especially important
for the .ngo exception type, which was not the subject of a formal
proposal, but has been mentioned repeatedly in the WG. See also Avri's
recent message about the interest in it.]

Moreover, SRMU has not had nearly enough discussion to warrant inclusion
in this report.
[KR. Footnotes 1 and 2 say that SRMU was not the subject of much
discussion. What more do you want?]

That is all this section needs to say.
[KR.  Given that we have a 120+ page report, I disagree. Without a
summary here, there's no sign post for people interested in commenting
on an SRSU exception - for or against - to know where to look in the
rest of the report.]