ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment: Initial Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Public Comment: Initial Report on Vertical Integration Between Registrars and Registries
  • From: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 08:40:41 -0500

hi Stéphane

the plan is to forward the Initial report to the Board for consideration at
their retreat.  that's what's in the timeline that i discussed with Chuck.
same dates, just revised-Initial rather than Final report...

i really favor this approach - partly because of how hard it would be to
resolve the issues we've got on the table in (effectively) just a few weeks.
but (making things up here, being a Guy, don't place a lot of credence on this
next bit) also because it opens up the door for the Board to give us a
course-correction as we drive toward the Final report.  i could imagine a
situation where the Board takes a hard look at our Initial report during the
retreat, makes some preliminary decisions and asks us to fold that into our
process.  did i mention that i'm making all that up?  we'll see how things
develop...

mikey

phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356