ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"

  • To: Jeff Eckhaus <eckhaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Group on documenting "harms"
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:55:49 -0700

Sort of makes sense, but perhaps assumes more time that we have.

I think I'm agreeing with you when I posit that we should understand/identify
the harms first.  Then, the compliance and enforcement recommendations should
be drafted with reference to the harms.   By suggesting that we fold in
compliance and enforcement, I was just trying to get it done quicker.

What does NOT make sense is to consider compliance/enforcement separately from
the harms they are supposed to prevent.

Antony