ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms Project Draft - Registrant Harms

  • To: <owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms Project Draft - Registrant Harms
  • From: "Ron Andruff" <randruff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:58:48 -0400

Having spent some time quietly reading through the list of harms noted on
Jeff E's initial list (thanks also from my side for kicking this off, Jeff!)
I wonder if we should consider putting up a Wiki and inviting the entire
community to weigh-in on harms they are aware of/perceive.  That would give
the WG the benefit of a more fully fleshed out list, while allowing a
broader range of contributors to bring their concerns forward in a
transparent manner.  We also need to consider that many currently listed
'other' harms are denoted in 2 or 3 word phrases (e.g., 'front running',
'warehousing') and these all need to be defined accurately as well.

Is this a more comprehensive way to approach this?  Do we have time for such
a thing?

Kind regards,

RA

Ronald N. Andruff