ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] Mischaracterizing VI/CO positions - so you don't have to

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] Mischaracterizing VI/CO positions - so you don't have to
  • From: Antony Van Couvering <avc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 00:46:48 -0400

I was amused to see Eric BW slagging off the Free Trade Proposal (and Milton)
to the technical community
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/nanog/users/128559):

A few highlights:

-- Those who support the free trade position are "free trade ideologues."  (As
opposed to the others, who seek only by their selfless efforts to improve the
well-being of consumers...)

-- "He [Milton] errors [sic] in particular in characterizing the Free Trade
position as without limitations. There are limitations, one of which is the
rejection of "harms" and compliance as a necessity."  (Really?  News to me...
Although, stricto sensu, I do reject harms as a necessity, as we could get
along very well without any harms.)

What syntax!  What fun!

Antony