ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

[gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Memo on Potential Harms in Context of Market Power Issues and Legal Precedents

  • To: <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-vi-feb10] FW: Memo on Potential Harms in Context of Market Power Issues and Legal Precedents
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 21:09:48 +0200

  _____

From: Austin, Scott [mailto:SAustin@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, 07 August 2010 04:00
To: Mike O'Connor; roberto@xxxxxxxxx; owner-gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Rosette, Kristina; cdigangi@xxxxxxxx; cchicoine@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Memo on Potential Harms in Context of Market Power Issues and Legal
Precedents

Mikey and Roberto:

<<Memo_to_VIWG_re_Potential_Harms.DOC¤>>
I was asked to prepare a list of potential harms and the memo attached is a
proposed response. It is only to offer a framework for discussion with some
concrete examples of how legal precedent in the past has been used to
address harms and delineate both compliance and policy measures that may be
helpful to our cause. I especially felt the need to address market power and
market abuse issues as that had been expressly omitted in other lists.  I
apologize that I could not get this out sooner to meet a deadline by noon
yesterday but there was too much to summarize in that period of time.

Best regards,
Scott

Scott R. Austin
Roetzel & Andress
Email:  saustin@xxxxxxxxx

Both Scott R. Austin and Roetzel & Andress intend that this message be used
exclusively by the addressee(s).  This message may contain information that
is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
Unauthorized disclosure or use of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please permanently dispose
of the original message and notify Scott Austin immediately at 216.870.7954.
Thank you.

Any federal tax advice contained herein or in any attachment hereto is not
intended to be used, and cannot be used, to (1) avoid penalties imposed
under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) support the promotion or marketing of
any transaction or matter. This legend has been affixed to comply with U.S.
Treasury Regulations governing tax practice.