ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Harms
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:40:48 +0200

 Roberto,

this list is work in progress, even more so than our initial report, because we have actually talked about the points in the report. The list of harms is worthless without annotations, arguments and accompanying discussions.

If we released as is, readers would always take it as a result, not as a launching pad for discussions, no matter how much we state that it is just a basis for discussion, not a result.

I would recommend that, even if we do not compile the list of harms into this report, we do not stop working on it. As some have said during the call and in the chat, the Board retreat is not the end of the story.
R.

Volker