ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items

  • To: "Mike O'Connor" <mike@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] call for agenda items
  • From: Volker Greimann <vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 16:37:05 +0200

 Hi Mikey,

just one little addition at this time. Instead of

"-- to what extent would vertical separation be an effective means to prevent the
harm in the future?"

I would suggest the following question:

"-- to what extent would vertical separation be an effective means to prevent the
harm in the future and are there other, less restrictive means that can prevent the
harm?"

While vertical separation may be an effective menas to prevent some harms, it
may not be the only or even best means.

Volker

hi all,

this is a reminder that we tentatively set next Monday's call as the final call to
discuss new additions to the Harms list.  so if you have harms that you'd like to see on
the list, now is the time to submit them to the list or post them to the wiki.  here's a
link to the "harms" wiki page;

        https://st.icann.org/vert-integration-pdp/index.cgi?harms

another topic for the call on Monday is to discuss our approach to analyzing
the harms.  i pushed out a starter-list of questions that we could answer about
each harm.  here's the list again:

-- what are examples of the harm having happened (court cases, compliance
activity, sanctions, newspaper accounts, etc.)?

-- who was involved and how did they do it?

-- who was harmed and what was the financial and/or operational impact?

-- how long, and how often, has it happened?

-- who's proposing that it's a harm and why?

-- did this harm happen only in a vertically-integrated environment?

-- to what extent would vertical separation be an effective means to prevent
the harm in the future?

so the agenda looks like this so far...

-- discuss the list of harms and try to close it out (not super-strict, but for
purposes of moving on to analyzing them)

-- discuss how we want to approach analyzing the harms

-- make harm-analysis assignments

anything else for the agenda?

mikey

- - - - - - - - -
phone   651-647-6109
fax             866-280-2356
web     http://www.haven2.com

Bei weiteren Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Volker A. Greimann
- Rechtsabteilung -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Folgen Sie uns bei Twitter oder werden Sie unser Fan bei Facebook:
www.key-systems.net/facebook
www.twitter.com/key_systems

Geschäftsführer: Alexander Siffrin
Handelsregister Nr.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
Umsatzsteuer ID.: DE211006534

Der Inhalt dieser Nachricht ist vertraulich und nur für den angegebenen Empfänger bestimmt. Jede
Form der Kenntnisgabe, Veröffentlichung oder Weitergabe an Dritte durch den Empfänger ist
unzulässig. Sollte diese Nachricht nicht für Sie bestimmt sein, so bitten wir Sie, sich mit uns per
E-Mail oder telefonisch in Verbindung zu setzen.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Volker A. Greimann
- legal department -

Key-Systems GmbH
Im Oberen Werk 1
66386 St. Ingbert
Tel.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 901
Fax.: +49 (0) 6894 - 9396 851
Email: vgreimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Web: www.key-systems.net / www.RRPproxy.net
www.domaindiscount24.com / www.BrandShelter.com

Follow us on Twitter or join our fan community on Facebook and stay updated:
www.key-systems.net/facebook
www.twitter.com/key_systems

CEO: Alexander Siffrin
Registration No.: HR B 18835 - Saarbruecken
V.A.T. ID.: DE211006534

This e-mail and its attachments is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. Furthermore it is not permitted to publish any content of this
email. You must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, kindly notify the
author by replying to this e-mail or contacting us by telephone.