ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Jon Nevett <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:37:54 -0400

I agree with Tim. Another new deadline won't change our reality. We have a hung jury. It's up to the Board to make a decision.

Thanks

Jon Nevett

On Sep 27, 2010, at 10:09 AM, "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What Salop and Wright did was speculate. Defining market power, or even
worse, future market power, in an international environment would take
more than a few days, likely at least months if not years. In addition,
extensive outside expertise would need to be consulted.

Given where we were when the interim report was published, I doubt
highly that this group will find consensus by the 8th of October. We
should face reality and relabel the revised interim report as final and
let the Board do what it will do.

Tim