ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: vertical integration wg <Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:16:49 -0400

Mikey, a substantive decision seems to have been made, and I do not recall any real discussion about it, other than a very cursory one on today's teleconference.

This group started as a formal PDP, admittedly with the caveat that the process not delay the launch of new gTLDs.

The Board motion that we have been discussing today ended with "At the time a policy conclusion is reached by the GNSO, it can be included in the applicant guidebook for future application rounds." That sounds like they were expecting us to continue working towards consensus.

If we are considering closing up shop and do not plan to look at the issue further (thus giving the Board the responsibility of setting the VI terms for the long-term and not just the short-term), then this should be the result of formal action on the part of the WG (or the Council if they want to pull the plug).

Alan