Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
Mikey, a substantive decision seems to have been made, and I do not recall any real discussion about it, other than a very cursory one on today's teleconference.
This group started as a formal PDP, admittedly with the caveat that the process not delay the launch of new gTLDs.
The Board motion that we have been discussing today ended with "At the time a policy conclusion is reached by the GNSO, it can be included in the applicant guidebook for future application rounds." That sounds like they were expecting us to continue working towards consensus.
If we are considering closing up shop and do not plan to look at the issue further (thus giving the Board the responsibility of setting the VI terms for the long-term and not just the short-term), then this should be the result of formal action on the part of the WG (or the Council if they want to pull the plug).
Alan At 27/09/2010 04:31 PM, Mike O'Connor wrote:
hi all, here's a summary of the decision we arrived at on the call this afternoon.-- we've decided to submit a notice to the Council (and thus indirectly to the Board, in response to their resolution) that the WG has not arrived at a consensus view as of now -- Roberto and i will draft it and get it off some time tomorrow-- we'll aim for having a Final Report ready for the Council meeting on 18 November, and the primary task in that effort will be to incorporate public comments into the Interim document.that concludes my report. :-) mikey - - - - - - - - - phone 651-647-6109 fax 866-280-2356 web http://www.haven2.com handle OConnorStP (ID for public places like Twitter, Facebook, Google, etc.)