ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration

  • To: Gnso-vi-feb10@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-vi-feb10] Board resolution on Vertical Integration
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 11:58:24 -0400

Hi,

I see "'failure', but rather ‘consensus was not found’" as two ways to say the
same thing.

I see failure as ok.  Failure is not a bad word we have to shy away from, but
rather an opportunity we need to learn from.  I don't think avoiding the word
helps in the learning process.  We set out to find consensus and falied to find
it.  And I go further I do not think we can in this current constellation.

But with a break, with new realities on the ground, etc...  a reformed group
may be able to find consensus.    I also recommend that we do a post-moretm on
this group after the final report is submitted and determine why we failed.
What we did right, what we did wrong and what should be done differently in the
future.  As I understand it, this is part of the required follow through on any
WG.

Hence my support of the proposed response put forward by our co-chairs.

a.