ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-vi-feb10]

RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] refined version of Roberto's bullet-points -- pls review/comment within 24 hours

  • To: roberto@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-vi-feb10] refined version of Roberto's bullet-points -- pls review/comment within 24 hours
  • From: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 06:11:46 -0700

Thanks Roberto. Regarding if/how we let the Board know, I think they
already do. Board members follow this list and so by posting the bullet
points and the comments/edits to them, I think the Board will have that
info available when they meet.

My concern especially in last few months on process is that "consensus
of a WG" and comments of individuals are not the same thing. Consensus
should be something that is as clearly identifiable as possble, and
something we protect from corruption/capture (intended or not) with all
vigor. As managers of GNSO policy, it is the Council who are responsible
for the integrity of the PDP and claims of consensus by WGs should be
reviewed and approved by them.

This is also partly why I have concerns about the growing use of
so-called community working groups, but that's a topic for a different
list.

Tim