[gnso-whois-dt] Whois Study Drafting Team Meeting Notes for 7 Jan 09
- To: <Gnso-whois-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gnso-whois-dt] Whois Study Drafting Team Meeting Notes for 7 Jan 09
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:43:38 -0500
Here's breif recap of the Whois Studies meeting held yesterday 7 Jan 09.
To date this work has been essentially a GNSO Council activity with
alternates allowed. Because of that, Avri has been cooridinating the
work. Avri requested that someone else serve as coordinator and
suggested I do because I had put forward the RyC approach that we have
been using. I agreed with the understanding that if participants
supported me doing so and also with the understanding that I would
gladly welcome another volunteer from the group to do that. So if
anyone wants to volunteer please speek up. Similarly, if anyone objects
to me doing this, please make that known.
Participants in the 7 Jan meeting: Avri Doria, Steve DelBianco, Carlos
Souza, David Giza, Stacy Burnette, Tony Holmes, Tony Harris, Lee Elgin,
Tim Ruiz, and Chuck Gomes.
In our meeting yesterday, there were two main topics:
1. Input for the working Excel file that can be found on the wiki
2. Definitions of key terms
Input for the working Excel file
* The IPC and ISCPC committed to providing the numerical input for
priorities and feasibility of studies later this week.
* Avri committed to trying to do the same for the NomCom reps; if
she is unsuccessful, we will delete the NomCom column.
* Liz will contact the GAC and ALAC asking for priorities and
feasibility numbers NLT 16 January; if input is not received, we will
delete those columns and proceed, after which we will ask for comments
on the final Excel file results.
* Liz will complete and distribute the Excel file in advance of
our next meeting, which will be scheduled at the same time on Wednesday,
* The final Excel file will be used in our meeting on 14 January
to try to develop some motions for moving forward with the task of
identifying studies that could be recommended for cost/feasibility
Definitions of key terms
* Note: on 23 Dec. Liz had distributed a first draft of a document
titled 'Key Terms that May be Used in Future WHOIS Studies'; a link is
provided on the wiki referenced above.
* Prior to the 7 Jan call, Tim Ruiz sent a red-line version of
Liz's document with proposed edits.
* Those on the 7 Jan call discussed Tim's proposed edits as well
as edits proposed by others during the meeting and produced a new
version, which Liz will distribute to the Whois Study list for review;
everyone is asked to forward the document to their respective
constituencies, advisory committees, etc and obtain feedback prior to
our next meeting on 16 January. List discussion is also encouraged.
Next meeting: Wednesday, 21 Jan 09, 18:00 UTC (10:00 PST, 12:00 Cedar
Rapids, 16:00 Buenos Aires, London 18:00, 19:00 CET, 23:00 Karachi,
02:00 Hong Kong/Singapore, 05:00 Melbourne next day)
For those who were on the call, please correct anything that I