ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whois-study]

RE: [gnso-whois-study] RE: Aug 5 Meeting Recap

  • To: "James M. Bladel" <jbladel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Gomes,Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Liz Gasster" <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-whois-study] RE: Aug 5 Meeting Recap
  • From: "Steve DelBianco" <sdelbianco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:57:17 -0400

James – all 3 of your proposed hypotheses for GAC 4 capture the policy
implications we’re trying to get to.  How about one that combines all 3 of
yours:

A significant number of Registrars do not apply effective methods to detect
fraudulent domain registrations, and do not take adequate corrective measures
when fraudulent information is detected or reported.

Thanks,

Steve