ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Reminder - DOODLE / membership in the three subgroups

  • To: "gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Reminder - DOODLE / membership in the three subgroups
  • From: Gisella Gruber-White <Gisella.Gruber-White@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 07:06:09 -0700

* Please remember to make TWO choices*

Dear All,
The Drafting Team Chair and co-chairs confirmed on last weeks call the plan to
form 3 subgroups to complete “Part A” of our Work Plan to develop a Whois
Service Requirements Survey.
Please complete the attached poll to indicate your first and second choices of
the group you would like to join from among the following three subgroups
(note: you may participate in more than one group if your schedule allows):
 http://doodle.com/dz4qna8t3c4x55t5
* Note on how to complete Doodle poll*

1st Choice = YES (green)
2nd Choice = (YES) (yellow)
___________________________________
1)            Drafting team for questions (to be led by Werner Staub)
The overall goal of this group is to write the actual survey questions in
consideration of the existing requirements, the guidance that Chuck drafted and
guidance from stakeholders who the third team will be reaching back out to.
Note this team should also create tally mechanisms in the survey that allow
respondents to prioritize the requirements.

2)            Survey Tool and recipient decision team (to be led by Wilson
Abigaba)
The goal of this team is to identify and prepare the survey delivery
tool/mechanism and determine the recipient list for the survey.  Again we could
consider the stakeholders named in the original GNSO resolution that resulted
in the Whois Requirements Report, and new stakeholders identified by team 3.
Lastly we should consider stakeholders outside the sphere of ICANN related
communities to see if we can elicit meaningful responses (or not).

3)            Requirements verification team (to be led by Don Blumenthal)
This group would touch base with the stakeholders that were already consulted
in creating the Whois requirements report, and also consider other
stakeholders.  For example, should the stakeholders include IETF
representatives?  We need to check with stakeholders to see if they want to
either add clarification and/or support to existing requirements or suggest
additional ones.
 We will do our best to accommodate your requests.

This Doodle poll will close on Tuesday 09 August 2011 at 1200 UTC.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Gisella
Gisella Gruber-White