ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

RE: RE: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Second Revised charter - for your input

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxxx>, "gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: RE: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Second Revised charter - for your input
  • From: Liz Gasster <liz.gasster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:02:43 -0700

Hi All,

Thanks for all the inputs so far.  Michael and I have consulted and I have
prepared a revised draft with new language focused on adopting Don's and Avri's
suggestions.  My draft revised text is redlined and the comments are still
there so that you can compare whether these changes seem ok to you.  I would
also appreciate further guidance on three points:

1. The new target milestone dates.  The previous milestone dates were noted as
unrealistic -- do these revised dates work or should we adopt other target
dates?  This is just a suggestion that takes into account Avri's observation
about time frames.  Please suggest specific alternatives if you think this is
still unworkable.

2. The charter proposes an independent review of the questions before survey
launch.  This is fine but there will need to be budget allocated for this
review, and a process for selecting a reviewer.  Staff will be drafting a
motion requesting that the Council approve the charter once the group approves
it, this group can request funding in that motion (or note that a funding
request will be forthcoming), but ICANN must also approve funding as well.  For
now we do not know what this might cost.  The question is -- what more would
you like to see in the charter to define this process, including making a
determination of the budget amount to request, and how a reviewer should be
selected?  Should this work be assigned to a subgroup to determine?

3. Many tasks previously in Part A #4 have now been moved to Part A #1.  Should
the remaining task of #4 be moved into Part B?

Many thanks!  Liz