ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt] WHOIS Survey Tool

  • To: gnso-whoissurvey-dt@xxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] WHOIS Survey Tool
  • From: Wilson Abigaba <abigabaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 21:36:35 +0300

Dear Members,

This is an update from subgroup 2 - whose role is to identify the
suitable survey tool and the stakeholders who will participate in the
survey. Regarding the identification of a suitable tool, I reported in
the previous 2 calls that we had reviewed surveygizmo, surveymonkey
and GoogleDocs. Google Docs was preferred because its completely free.
However, we still couldn't confirm whether its suitable because we do
not have the questions. We would need to see the questions to
accurately determine the most suitable tool. I also mentioned in the
previous call that I would consider an alternative - This would be
custom developed by myself and specifically for thus purpose.

In order not to stall, I sampled various kinds of questions from a
previous survey and made 2 sample surveys, one with Google Docs and
the other is custom developed. We shall be reviewing these 2 on Monday
but in the meantime, please have a look.

Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGtfbWk0X0RPcHowUWpwZTJPZk1fSFE6MQ

Custom: http://isoc.ug/icann/survey

Google Docs Advantages:
- Its straight forward
- Easy to setup

Google Docs Limitations:
- It's Google branded
- Not possible to tell the IP address and other details (browser info
etc) of the participant
- Several limitations on question types as we shall see on Monday [I
will detail this on Monday]

Custom developed advantages
- Very rich in features
- Can be ICANN branded

Custom Developed Disadvantages
- Takes time to setup

I kindly request you to review and send in comments.

Kind Regards,
Wilson