ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-whoissurvey-dt]

Re: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Client Access to Survey

  • To: Berry Cobb <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gnso-whoissurvey-dt] Client Access to Survey
  • From: Wilson Abigaba <abigabaw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 11:02:25 +0300

Hi Berry,

I am sorry, I couldn't complete the call.

Yes, there is a feature in the tool that restricts attempted multiple
entries which depends on both the IP address and session on the PC.
This session expires after sometime (depending on the configuration
setting), so the user will be able to make a new entry after the
session has expires (say, 30 minutes).If the user tries to access
before the session expiry, he will be taken to the previous survey
that they were filling in or told that they already completed. This
also serves to prevent respondents from losing their entries as they
respond. This feature is configurable and can also be turned off, so
we shouldn't worry.

Regarding multiple users filling in the survey depending on skillset,
its also possible by using the "resume later" feature. When this
button is clicked, it presents the user with a form to fill in (see
attached) a survey name & password which can be used to load and
survey when they come back. This details (survey name/password) can be
used by anyone, so the respondent can share with his/her team if
needed.

Kind Regards,
Wilson