ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl]

[gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation Sub- Team meeting - 01 October 2013

  • To: "gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation Sub- Team meeting - 01 October 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:33:52 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Sub-Team call
held on Tuesday 01 October  2013 at 20:00 UTC at:

https://icann.box.com/shared/static/11vf8ohyrdt8rc1ck2sm.mp3

Attendees:
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Michael Graham - IPC
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Alan Greenberg - ALAC
Olevie Kouami - NPOC

Apology:
Amr Elsadr - NCUC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Mary Wong
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Tuesday 01 October 2013:

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, there will be no audio enabled in the AC room
today, so please all dial into the Verizon audio bridge

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Passcode: PI

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Dial in numbers: USA    1-517-345-9004 , TF  866-692-5726

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Marika

  Marika Konings:Hi Cheryl

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Mary

  Mary Wong:Hello Cheryl - nice to hear you so bright and cheery!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr::-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:small but I trust effective...

  Alan Greenberg:Sorry to be late. Dialing in.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Thanks  Michael this has indeed furthered our process very
effectivly

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Hi Alan

  Mary Wong:Welcome, Alan.

  Alan Greenberg:On now.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This  should obviously be overlaid with timimgs
(aspirational of course)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agree I liked tbat style   '=_#

  Mary Wong:Sorry for the delay; Marika is trying to set up a different screen
so that we can show the mind map in this AC room.

  Mary Wong:@Cheryl, as to your comment, it may be helpful once you see the
mind map (excepting the dates).

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes I feared  LOTS of circular  debates otherwise

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ijn the WG of the whole I mean  not US ;-[)

  Mary Wong:If you folks are on your computers, maybe you can pull up Marika's
last email attaching the revised mind map (we are having technical issues with
the screen here, sorry.)

  Mary Wong:Ah, here we are.

  Olevie:Hi !

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hi!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:is your audio connect OK  Olevie?

  Olevie:no sound on AC

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:+ 1  Alan

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes there is a different provider  today

  Olevie:but I'm following the debates up on phone

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I did think that might be why we had not heard you so far
in the discussions (thus my question)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  good

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olevie, to mute and un mute your phone please use *6

  Olevie:pk natahalie

  Olevie:ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Agreed definitions  is a sub pice  work of D!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:hes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:and would in itswlf need to be subject to later
public/Community input

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but your nit just defining a master timeline Alan your
deffining/agreeing on TERMS

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Maybe I have spent too much time in the ccTLD world  with
Framework of Interpretation on  terms IN RFC 1591 and GAC Advice  but we have
spent YEARS on terms (and even weeks on ' ' use **shudder**

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:yes I DO mean the use of quotation  or quote marks !!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:OK  Lets  of course GO for it  but you asked times  /
expectation of work plan  dedication for this  I say it depends on your choice
of 'authors'

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:This  WT  just needs to  state the task and allocate
action : Time Allocated planning  nothing more

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: the WORK is with the WG ad its other WT's is deemed
appropriate

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:We PLAN the others (inclusove of some of us perhaps)  DO
the Work includiong this workong deffinitional work

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Principals  can run in parallel with Principles  actions
IMO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes Marika  I see it as a weaving

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:of parallel activities  SOME of which need to pre exist in
terms of starting  to others

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:The Charter order of deliverables is not IMPO a stict
order/heirachy  but some are precurser or will be advantaged by prep work from
others

  Olevie:I am an apprentice in the group so I am silent and I am following up
carefully, despite the lanhuage gap :-) . I learn ... I immerse myself on PD
processes

  Alan Greenberg:As we do this, we need to remember that we are here trying to
fix the ills of the New gTLD implementation, and we will pretty well NEVER have
a PDP like that again.

  Olevie:So we are the "healers" of te New gTLD implementation

  Olevie:Please Im dial out

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Olevie, your line is still connected but the operator is
checjking on it

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:But Holly  that is exactly WHY this WG  has to do its work
 because of this complexity (recognosed)

  Olevie:ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yup  weeds will strangle

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:need to stick to the given activities.... Ours is to put
forward a Work PLan (not do the work)  for the widder WG  to then enact....

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:can you @quote@ that text/refernce onto the Wiki please
Michael  it is a noce basis  IMO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:nice basis

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Bye  thanks  Michael  and all...  BT  happy woth the mond
map as she is atm...

  Olevie:+1 @Cheryl proposal

  Olevie:Ciao !

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:All good  Bye