ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl]

[gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation Sub- Team meeting - 14 October 2013

  • To: "gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-workplan-subteam-policyimpl] Attendance and Recording Policy and Implementation Sub- Team meeting - 14 October 2013
  • From: Nathalie Peregrine <nathalie.peregrine@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:44:45 -0700

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Policy and Implementation Sub-Team call
held on Monday 14th October 2013 at 12:00 UTC at:

https://icann.box.com/shared/static/s0ns778bmdl89yas7e6p.mp3

Attendees:
Michael Graham - IPC
Cheryl Langdon-Orr - ALAC
Amr Elsadr - NCUC

Apology:
Holly Raiche - ALAC

ICANN staff:
Marika Konings
Mary Wong
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/y1V-Ag

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Nathalie Peregrine
For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 14 October 2013:

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, Welcome to the Policy and Implementation Work
Plan Sub-Team Meeting on Monday 14 October 2013 at 1200 UTC

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please bear in mind that there is NO audio enabled in the
AC room for today's call so please all dial into the audio bridge, password PI,
US Toll free: 866-692-5726

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Understood  Michael  and are we also not going to produce
a 'matching to MindMap' grid form (spreadsheet) doc listoing columsa of Date,
Activity, Responsability  etc..,  as well for 22/23 Oct?

  Marika Konings:The sub-teams could consider running during alternate weeks,
should the WG decide that it would be helpful to have parallel sub-teams

  Marika Konings:Also, presumably Deliverable 0 and V would be done by the
whole WG, while Deliverables I and II-IV may be done by two sub-teams?

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed Marika

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:You and me both Micheal  I hae a starter doc as well ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sorry name typo

  Michael R. Graham:Just lost my phone connect -- will redial.

  Amr Elsadr:Sorry I'm late. This meeting conflicted with my son's dentist
appoitment.

  Amr Elsadr:dialling in now.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:he's on

  Amr Elsadr:Just joined the call. Sorry again about the delay.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Marika.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Amr, there is no audio in the AC room, if you need a dial
out please let me know

  Mary Wong:Welcome, Amr.

  Amr Elsadr:I got disconnected, but dialled back in. I'm on the call.

  Amr Elsadr:Hi Mary.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:indeed is this a leass than 1 year  June 14. vs  1,2 or 3
year commitment???

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:of course  fully aspirational...  BUT  there is often a
hard stop required

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:use ICANN Meetings  for main points...

  Michael R. Graham:My thought is  2 years to get to point of drafting final
report.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:makes  sense

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Yes  thus Initial Repoet  for June 14

  Marika Konings:Note that the GNSO always meets with ccNSO and GAC at ICANN
meetings as well, so there is always that opportunity as well to provide an
update

  Marika Konings:First deadline for input is 31 October, so that will also be a
good demonstration on how broad the interest in this topic is (or not ;-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thus  oportunity  for garner inoout and ownership of
outcomes

  Marika Konings:Many groups have said that they are interested in this topic,
but that does not necessarily translate into concrete input / feedback (unless
there is disagreement with the proposed recommendations)

  Amr Elsadr:That sounds like a good idea.

  Amr Elsadr:That also sounds like a good idea.

  Amr Elsadr:Yes.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Frame work and guidance (II & III) match as well

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:but  iN  can  be with  II & III  or stand alone  IMO\

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:O & V  are committee of the whole\

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: I had  i& III coupled

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: at first as well  I  must  say

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr: but  iV   I had  stanf alone   (it need not be of course)

  Marika Konings:Of course, at the end of the day, all of these are very
closely related ;-)

  Amr Elsadr:This is a clear example how deliverables are interdependant!! :)

  Marika Konings:@Amr - and that is why it will be so important to keep open
lines between any possible sub-teams and the WG as a whole

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:things need to be woven indeed

  Marika Konings:and maybe at some time the sub-teams may decide that
everything does need to be merged together

  Amr Elsadr:@Marika..., I agree. I expect it to be tricky. I assume there will
be a lot of back-tracking on STs. Some discussions that will need to take place
on the full WG list and calls too.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:I expect so Amr

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:All good  thanks

  Mary Wong:Thanks all, bye for now!

  Amr Elsadr:Thanks everyone. Apologies about being so late one last time.