ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

[gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (In Progress)

  • To: <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 2 (In Progress)
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 14:07:39 -0500

Team Members:

We have a conference call scheduled for tomorrow, 10 Dec at 2000 UTC.

As I review the list traffic, we are still working on Step 2.  To summarize
progress to-date, we may be very close, if not completed, with the Y-axis
definition.  The latest version is shown below:

Y - Value/Benefit . this dimension relates to perceptions of net overall
effectiveness, productivity, and gain to:  1) the global Internet community;
and 2) ICANN stakeholders.  Components of value/benefit might include:  new
opportunities for Internet growth/expansion, enhanced competitiveness,
resolution/improvement of serious performance or infrastructure problems,
increased security/stability, and improved user experience.

In my Step 2 summary report of our last call (email 4 Dec), I suggested a
new name/title and definition for the X-axis (below) aimed at addressing
Olga's concern about "cost."

X - Resource/Time/Energy Consumption . this dimension relates to perceptions
of total human capital expenditure anticipated and also includes such
factors as complexity (e.g. technical), intricacy (e.g. many moving parts to
coordinate), lack of cohesion (e.g. many competing interests), length of
time needed/expected; availability/scarcity of resources -- all of which
contribute to the overall resource consumption required to develop a
recommendation.

Do team members have any thoughts on this recommendation?

At the conclusion of our next call, if not beforehand, we would like to have
Step 2 completed.

In a separate email, I will begin to outline some thoughts as to how we
might proceed with Step 3.

Ken