ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 3a (In Progress) -- Summary of Group Rating Session 21 Dec 2009

  • To: Ken Bour <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx" <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM-DT: Step 3a (In Progress) -- Summary of Group Rating Session 21 Dec 2009
  • From: Adrian Kinderis <adrian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:18:35 +1100

Team,

I know I have been distant on this topic but I have been reading and watching
with interest.

Can I suggest the following (and it is only a suggestion);

In our organisation prior to a task being started, for example a release of
software into production, the Production Support Team will do a detailed plan.
This plan is the reviewed by the "Red Team" which are knowledgeable team
members that were not involved in the preparation of the plan. The logic being
that, a fresh set of eyes for review may be better to pick holes in the plan.

Is it worth while me, and potentially others, putting my hand up to act as a
"red team" for this body of work? I could wait until you are complete and take
a look at the plan with a view to providing feedback?

Just a thought on how I could help given I have had limited interaction with
the team.

Merry Christmas to all.

Adrian Kinderis