ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

AW: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Summary of 16 Feb 2010 Session (Step 6-In Progress)

  • To: <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: AW: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Summary of 16 Feb 2010 Session (Step 6-In Progress)
  • From: <KnobenW@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 08:50:31 +0100

Thanks Ken,

as I pointed out for me the handling of the process is critical with
regards to frquency and time consumption at council meetings:

- Frequency: I agree to the 3-times-a-year suggestion but it shouldn't
be mandatory to conduct a formal rating session at every meeting. It
should be mandatory once a year only - my suggestion: at the first
meeting after each annual meeting since new councillors who have
normally been seated at the annual meeting have been given to learn
about the projects. On the occasion of the other ICANN meetings it
should be put to the agenda optionally subject to council decision.

- Time consumption: A potential 2 hour slot at each ICANN meeting just
for the prioritization debate of projects (not discussing content!)
seems to be too much. My suggestion in order to facilitate the process
would be to put a prioritization proposal to the council meeting as a
basis for the council debate and decision rather than letting the
council start from the scratch. This proposal could be elaborated by any
working team with council mandate (e.g. option 2)

Kind regards
Wolf-Ulrich

  _____