ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

[gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Presentation for Nairobi Council Meeting

  • To: <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Presentation for Nairobi Council Meeting
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 16:34:16 -0500

WPM Team Members:

At the team's request, I have prepared the attached PowerPoint slide deck
for your review.

My overall objectives were:

1)      Review/remind Councilors why this WPM was undertaken, i.e. its
mission/purpose

.         Referencing the Staff GNSO Participation and Attendance study and
its conclusions

2)      Show the critical thinking and planning that went into the team's
initial work plan structure - all of November

.         The team had to invent its own model conceptualizations and
rationale

.         Iterative six step internal validation process

3)      Explain how the time has been utilized

.         Graphed the 6 step process since December to show the team's
progress

.         Most steps have taken < a month and the trajectory has been
steadily upward/forward

.         As with any complex iterative process, it became necessary,
through testing/learning, to revisit earlier decisions

.         Team mindful of saving the entire Council those machinations

4)      Highlight team decisions made

5)      Outline remaining action items and decisions yet to be completed (I
guessed at March-April)

6)      Q&A

I presume that tomorrow's call will largely be taken up with going through
this slide deck to make sure that these are the points we want to make.

Once we finalize the content, I will also make a PDF so that it can be
uploaded to Adobe Connect in Nairobi.

Olga - I haven't included any speaker notes yet, but I am willing to write
some after our call tomorrow.   I wanted first to see if the team generally
approves of the approach taken and content.

Ken