RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Presentation for Nairobi Council Meeting
- To: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Presentation for Nairobi Council Meeting
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 18:49:51 -0500
Thanks Ken. Nice job.
Is this for possible use in the Council meeting on 10 March? If so,
note that there are only 20 minutes allocated for this agenda item and
that includes Council & Community discussion. We can discuss this in
our call tomorrow, but in my preliminary opinion we would only have time
for the following slides in this meeting: 1-5 and 9-11.
The topic is on the agenda for the Wrap-Up meeting on the 11th and there
may be a little more time in that meeting if Councilors would like to
get more info.
[mailto:owner-gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Bour
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 4:34 PM
Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Draft Presentation for Nairobi
WPM Team Members:
At the team's request, I have prepared the attached PowerPoint
slide deck for your review.
My overall objectives were:
1) Review/remind Councilors why this WPM was undertaken,
i.e. its mission/purpose
* Referencing the Staff GNSO Participation and
Attendance study and its conclusions
2) Show the critical thinking and planning that went into
the team's initial work plan structure - all of November
* The team had to invent its own model
conceptualizations and rationale
* Iterative six step internal validation process
3) Explain how the time has been utilized
* Graphed the 6 step process since December to show the
* Most steps have taken < a month and the trajectory has
been steadily upward/forward
* As with any complex iterative process, it became
necessary, through testing/learning, to revisit earlier decisions
* Team mindful of saving the entire Council those
4) Highlight team decisions made
5) Outline remaining action items and decisions yet to be
completed (I guessed at March-April)
I presume that tomorrow's call will largely be taken up with
going through this slide deck to make sure that these are the points we
want to make.
Once we finalize the content, I will also make a PDF so that it
can be uploaded to Adobe Connect in Nairobi.
Olga - I haven't included any speaker notes yet, but I am
willing to write some after our call tomorrow. I wanted first to see
if the team generally approves of the approach taken and content.