ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gnso-wpm-dt]

[gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Final CLEAN Cover Letter & Deliverable

  • To: <gnso-wpm-dt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gnso-wpm-dt] WPM: Final CLEAN Cover Letter & Deliverable
  • From: "Ken Bour" <ken.bour@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:26:36 -0400

WPM-DT Members:

It is now Thursday afternoon and it does not appear that the WPM-DT will
receive any additional feedback concerning Section 6 and the ANNEX.

I just sent a note to ICANN Web-Admin, attaching with the team's final
deliverable in PDF form, and requested that a table entry be added at (
<http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/> http://gnso.icann.org/drafts/).   I asked to
have the link forwarded to me ASAP so that I can include it in an email to
the Council which I will send to the WPM list under separate cover.

Hopefully, later this evening, the email transmittal, including document
link, will be available so that Olga can forward to the Council tomorrow as
originally planned.

I apologize for not sending the draft motion and timeline.   Here they are
for your consideration:

DRAFT RESOLUTION:

WHEREAS, the ICANN Policy Staff prepared and delivered to the GNSO Council a
2008-2009 Work Team Attendance Study which confirmed that volunteer
participation has been suffering and languishing;

WHEREAS, the GNSO Council, considering the advice of Staff, organized a
Drafting Team at the Seoul ICANN meeting for the purpose of developing a
GNSO Work Prioritization model and procedure;

WHEREAS, the Work Prioritization Model Drafting Team (WPM-DT) has completed
its deliberations and developed a written procedure recommended for
inclusion in the GNSO Operating Procedures as Section 6 plus an accompanying
ANNEX (link TBD);

WHEREAS, the WPM-DT has developed a timeline of activities (see below) that
it recommends be adopted in order that the first Work Prioritization effort
can be completed by the ICANN Brussels meeting;

NOW THEREFORE, BE IT:

RESOLVED, that the GNSO Council accepts the deliverable of the WPM-DT,
thanks the team for its efforts, and approves Section 6 and the ANNEX (link
TBD) for inclusion in the GNSO Operating Procedures.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council directs Staff to commence a
twenty-one (21) day public comment period on this amendment to the GNSO
Operating Procedures and reserves the right to modify the procedures
described in Section 6 and the ANNEX after the conclusion of the public
comment period.

RESOLVED FURTHER, that the GNSO Council supports the recommended timeline
for conducting the first Work Prioritization effort and directs the GNSO
Secretariat to make plans consistent with its activities.

DRAFT TIMELINE FOR FIRST WORK PRIORITIZATION EFFORT:

Dates

Activities (per proposed ANNEX to Section 6)

26-30 April

ANNEX Step 1:  Staff to prepare recommendations for Eligible and
Non-Eligible Projects and associated classifications

3-12 May

Chair asks for Council approval (via email list) to adopt or modify Staff's
recommendations (complete 8 days in advance of Council meeting)

20 May Council Meeting

Eligible Projects List approved by Council

21-31 May

ANNEX Step 2:   Individual Councilor ratings completed (10 calendar days)

1-11 June

ANNEX Step 2.3:  Staff consolidates ratings and analyzes for commonality;
prepares for Step 3.

19 June (or 20 June)

ANNEX Step 3:   Group Session (2 hours) to determine Value ratings

Brussels Council Meeting

ANNEX Step 4:   Approve final ratings/priorities and direct that results be
published at gnso.icann.org.

The only other question we need decide is whether to hold the scheduled
teleconference on Monday, 12 April.    Perhaps we should have a brief
session to go over the draft Resolution and Timeline above and discuss how
best to craft a motion that Olga can deliver on Monday or Tuesday at the
latest.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Ken