ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] Discussion on allocation methods

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] Discussion on allocation methods
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 15:19:42 +0200

Hi,

If I might comment.

I had suggested that the allocation method should suit the type or category of TLD. Perhaps it might have been better said the type of applicant. Be that as it may.

The list of categories was, i believe, a masterful ad-absurdum argument to show why this idea might not work.

I think, however, that a careful description of a few categories, not so much of TLD type but perhaps of applicant type, might still lead to a reasonable way to distinguish between TLDs allocated first come first served, or by lottery, or by auction.

a.