ICANN ICANN Email List Archives


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Re: [gtld-council] 10 May to 12 May instead of 25 May to 27 May?

  • To: Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] 10 May to 12 May instead of 25 May to 27 May?
  • From: Norbert Klein <nhklein@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:36:36 +0700

Thanks, Bruce,

for me, both dates are possible - but my participation will be possible only if ICANN can cover the travel and hotel costs for my participation in this meeting of the GNSO Council.

Since we started the discussion about the ICANN budget providing financial coverage also for the GNSO Council, I was somewhat surprised and also encouraged to read that other colleagues who are Council members - even working for a economically well established entities - have difficulties to secure the necessary financial resources to fulfill their duties as Council members. Working for a small NGO (though an important one in the Cambodian context) I feel now less hesitant to state my situation.

Looking forward to some clarification - related to the finalization of the date, and also to the question whether or not there will be any financial arrangement for those who do not have other special means.

Best greetings,



Bruce Tonkin wrote:
Hello All,

At the end of our meeting on Sunday the committee discussed possibly holding another physical meeting - e.g a 3 day meeting in Brussels.

Please send a note to the list (or to the GNSO Secretariat) regarding some suggested dates, or dates when there are major events that involve members of the ICANN community between now and the ICANN meeting in Marrakech, Morocco (26-30 June 2006).

Glen has produced a spreadsheet of availability during May 2006.

I note that many have said that they are available from Thursday 25 May
to Sunday 27 May, so those dates certainly look viable.

For me personally I would prefer an earlier date in May, as I need to be
in the Northern Hemisphere in the first couple of weeks of May, and
would prefer not to do two long distance trips away from family in the
same month (or one very long trip).

Would Wed 10 May to Friday 12 May 06 in Europe also be a suitable date?

An earlier meeting time would allow the staff more time to prepare a
report in time for Marrakesh and we can also have a follow up
teleconference late in May early June.


<<< Chronological Index >>>    <<< Thread Index >>>

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy