[gtld-council] Outcome of discussion on application fees in Amsterdam
- To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [gtld-council] Outcome of discussion on application fees in Amsterdam
- From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:16:20 +1000
Below is the outcome of the discussion on application fees yesterday in
1. Principle - that ICANN recovers its costs of evaluation from the
2. That the fee will be set at the start of the process.
3. Some applications may cost different amounts to evaluate. Therefore
there maybe different fees depending on the type of application.
4. It is possible that applicants could pay different amounts depending
on what stage in the process the application reaches.
5. ICANN should have a system of grants for applicants that would find
cost recovery a barrier to entry. This grant would only allow the
applicant to apply, without any presumption that the application would
be successful. Grant applications would go through an evaluation
6. ICANN should evaluate options for funding the grants.