ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: new TLDsUpdated Recommendations Summary

  • To: "'Liz Williams'" <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>, <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: new TLDsUpdated Recommendations Summary
  • From: "Ray Fassett" <rfassett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:00:58 -0400

Liz, thanks for this document.  While I understand the source document this
came from I think, I am not clear there was "strong support" for this
addition:

2.2 ....and public pre-evaluation hearings.

I personally do not believe this adds to objectives that pertain to
"streamlining", "predictability for the applicant", or "objectivity".

Or perhaps I am just not fully understanding the purpose of this step as it
is intended.  But, my primary point is that I do not recall strong support
for this addition to the document.  Perhaps others recall differently?

Ray