ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Fees

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Fees
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:27:02 +0200

TF members,

I recall agreement within the TF on the principles that application fees should
be a) cost
recovery, b) standardised and c) known transparently in advance.
I believe we have captured this in the report

I seem to recall that we also discussed that these three principles apply not
only to the
initial application fee but also to the on-going annual fees to which a
Registry is subject.
For clarity, are we all in agreement with this? The way this might work is:
a) cost recovery (ie ICANN budget related)
b) standardised (across similar types of TLDs)
c) known transparently in advance (within the budget proposal process).

The situation such principles avoid is for example arbitrarily different per
name fees as a
result of registry-staff contract negotiation.

Philip