ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] legal briefing papers on free expression issues

  • To: gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [gtld-council] legal briefing papers on free expression issues
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 14:37:59 -0700

As requested by NCUC, cyberlaw professors Christine Farley and Jacqueline
Lipton have prepared short briefing papers about some of the free expression
issues to consider as we work though the policy development process on new
gtlds.  They remain available for any additional questions or analysis the
council may request of them on this issue.

Christine Haight Farley
Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
American University Washington College of Law
4801 Massachusetts Avenue N.W. Washington DC 20016

Jacqueline Lipton, PhD
Professor and Co-Director
Center for Law, Technology and the Arts
School of Law
Case Western Reserve University
11075 East Boulevard CLEVELAND  OH  44106

I also expect to receive legal briefing papers from a European and a South
American legal academic to help us have a more global perspective on these
issues.

Thanks!
Robin