ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

[gtld-council] Apologies for the teleconference on 27 Nov 2006

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [gtld-council] Apologies for the teleconference on 27 Nov 2006
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:11:28 +1100

Hello All,

I will be unable to attend the teleconference on new gTLDs on the 27 Nov
2006.   I had a last minute change in travel arrangements for some
business meetings.

I have asked Liz to chair the teleconference in my absence for the
purposes of obtaining further clarification of the positions of each of
the constituencies with respect to the current draft recommendations,
and obtain more input on the reasons supporting each draft
recommendation.   The purpose of this meeting will not be to change the
substance of the current draft recommendations.

In Sao Paulo I will chair a session with the ICANN staff on Sunday 3
December to review implementation issues associated with each of the
current draft recommendations.   There will also be further opportunity
during the week for further public input during the ICANN public forum,
and additional input from constituencies obtained during the GNSO
constituency meetings.

Taking into account:

- staff input on implementation and costs

- further public input

- further constituency input

We should then refine the draft recommendations - probably via a
teleconference soon after the meeting in Sao Paulo.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin