ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] new TLDs Work Plan 2007

  • To: <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] new TLDs Work Plan 2007
  • From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:35:15 -0800

The schedule Bruce just announced at the Public Forum is good. If I
understood him correctly, he foresees a final report approved by Council and
submitted to the Board at the Lisbon meeting. The final report, however,
would include an implementation plan, a draft RFP, and a draft standard
registry contract. That's a broader scope that I had contemplated. I
expected that implementation, the RFP and the registry contract would be
created by staff after the Board had approved our higher-level policy
recommendation. If we can accomplish what Bruce described by Lisbon, and I
expect we can, we'll have moved this process forward considerably.

     Bret