ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] NCUC stmt on new gtld policy recommendations

  • To: <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] NCUC stmt on new gtld policy recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 16:58:15 -0400

Robin,

Is this the Impact Statement that Liz had requested from each of the
constituencies?

I confess that I have not had time to read the entire document, but at
first glance it looks more like an opinion statement than an impact
statement.  Certainly, the opinions of the NCUC are important and should
be considered in the final deliberations of the Council on the report
that will be sent to the Board, but unless I am misunderstanding
something, the purpose of impact statements is different:  Annex A of
the ICANN Bylaws, Section 11.c, says that the Final Report to the Board
must include "An analysis of how the issue would affect each
constituency, including any financial impact on the constituency".  I
presume that Liz needs the impact statements so that she can perform
that analysis for the Council.  Liz - please correct me if I am wrong on
this.

Chuck Gomes

T-JUNE2007.htm
>        or