ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] Additional applicant criteria relating to communities associated with a string

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] Additional applicant criteria relating to communities associated with a string
  • From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:25:22 -0800

Bruce,

On No 1, I has this comment, but I was not sure to comment, since I thought
the 'technical' capability is merged along with 'organizational'
capability.

In any case, I appreciate the demonstration of operational and
organizational capabilities at a minimum.  However in referring to technical
capabilities, I thought we can further expand the statement to state
'....technical capabilities commensurate with the local technical
environment available to the applicant's region'', or something like that.
This is to consider the various technical limitation i.e power outages, etc.
that will hinder the local many to provide access due to matters outside of
tits technically capability, which happens all the time, in the other side
of the world.

regards,
Sophia.