ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

Re: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 08:05:00 +0200

Chuck

Thank you so much for doing this as you've just saved me some further time in preparing the consolidated documents I spoke of yesterday that incorporates the inputs from IDN, PRO and RN Working Groups.

I will read further what you've done and amend what I had intended to send out. It will also help very much for the planning of our 4 & 5 June implementation team meeting in LA next week.

Kind regards.

Liz

PS One thing that the group may wish to think about is how to insert minority positions in the Final Report. We have ample experience of that in the WHOIS, PDP Feb 06, RN and PRO WG experiences. I would suggest that if anyone is preparing a "minority report" on any of the current recommendations that they get cracking now so that can be considered by the whole group prior to San Juan and relevant adjustments can be made. Of course, "friendly amendments" are a much more useful tool and amendments to the text that clarify or improve recommendations should also be submitted ASAP.

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels
+32 2 234 7874 tel