ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations

  • To: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the new gTLD recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 15:44:28 -0400

Agreed Sophia.

Chuck Gomes

________________________________

        From: Sophia B [mailto:sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2007 3:25 PM
        To: Gomes, Chuck
        Cc: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; gtld-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Bruce
Tonkin
        Subject: Re: [gtld-council] FW: [council] Next steps with the
new gTLD recommendations

        Again,

        Both of you are not far from what Avri suggested earlier below.
I think we can take a compromize of looking at the report and
identifying what we can set aside as work that is unresolved.  Sophia

                                Assuming that there is strong support
for a recommendation as
                                written, we should be able to confirm
that support with a list of
                                every councillor that openly supports
the position relatively
                                quickly.  In places where we do not have
strong support for a
                                recommendation we should be able to
indentify that quickly as well
                                and add the issue to the 'work to be
done' list.  I think doing this
                                work is an integral part of:
                                > wherein the Council will work towards
achieving a Supermajority
                                > Vote to present to the Board.
                                and something we

                must do before we ask others to consider the report.

                        Agree with both...maybe, the above is where we
can start the next step.

                        Sophia