ICANN ICANN Email List Archives

[gtld-council]

RE: [gtld-council] NCUC stmt on new gtld policy recommendations

  • To: <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [gtld-council] NCUC stmt on new gtld policy recommendations
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:39:17 -0400

I seem to be failing miserably in making my points.  I have absolutely no
problem with including non-financial impacts and in fact think they should be
included.  If you look at the RyC impact statement, you will see that we
organized our comments into two sections: 1) General Impact on the RyC and 2)
Financial Impact on the RyC; then we commented on a few specific
recommendations that we believe could have impact some of which would be
non-financial.  The fact that the Bylaws specifically calls out financial
impact does not in my opinion limit non-financial impact, but maybe as Robin
suggests this should be made clearer in future iterations of the PDP.  As
Philip suggested, it might help us to work toward some consistency in this
regard but that should in no ways restrict input to only financial impact.

Chuck Gomes

"This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and
exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized use,
distribution, or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify sender immediately and destroy/delete the
original transmission."